Sunday, September 26, 2010

It is Deeper so More Good Things Fit In It: A Pirates Game and The Waffle Shop

I realized sometime this semester that I haven't been very good at taking pictures. (Notice the pictures that Andy took on the post before this. Also, Maria's camera has a good number from her time here that I need.)

So I decided to bring my camera to a pretty interesting evening at a ball game (and other stuff).

I learned a bit about baseball today. They possibly have the most losses in history (though they are a pretty old team. And in looking up stats, they are somewhere in the vincinity of 9,500 in franchise history, versus the Phillies that have over 10,000.) So, in other words, "citation needed."

I also learned about dirty balls (like, the rubbed-in-dirt baseball kind) and what buccaneers really means (something about jerky... like beef jerky).

Anyway, so lots of fun with LUC folk while watching a win from the Pirates! You always feel like they gave you a special treat when they do that. When your expectations are of them losing, a win feels like a gift.

I will say, I'm am still amazed and saddened by the cost of food and drink in stadiums. It is over $7 for a beer, and over $6 for any sort of burger. Redonkulous.

After a day (evening) at the ballgame, Rosie, Frank, Alex, and I went to the Waffle Shop. There is a live streaming talk show that happens every night, and I, being me, wanted to go on it. So I talked about HCI ("a mix of psychology, design, computers, with a little bit of crazy mixed in"), the Pirates ("its always like a little gift when they win because you never expect it"), and, of course, waffles. There was a comparison between the thinner waffles and Belgian waffles. My description? "I like the thinner waffles because they are crispier*, but sometimes Belgian waffles are good. The holes are deeper so more good things fit in it."


...Aaaand, that's what she said.

*There is a word made up by the lovely Courtney that explains exactly what I love about waffles: cruffy. Fluffy plus crunchy equals delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment