Saturday, September 25, 2010

Labor Day: My Twenty-Second Birthday and My Sister's Visit

My sister left early in the morning Tuesday the 7th, so I got to sleep in my bed again. However, I was so excited to sleep, that I took a nap before all my work was done, then had to get up at 1am to finish it.
Corinne.

My weekend with my older sister was busy, like many other weekends. But part of me really enjoys showing her how different my life is from hers, and that was a bit exhausting for her, I think. She came in on Saturday morning, and I, being the awful sister I am, didn't wake up to my alarm and go to the airport to get her. Three missed calls and two text messages later, I finally wake up, feeling awful (mostly really, really guilty that I didn't meet her at the airport like I said I would.) So she gets on the 28X, and I meet her (after a shower and quick clean of the room) at the bus stop, apologizing profusely. Brunch and seven hours of hanging out and shopping and games at church and "Princess Bride" at midnight end one exhausting day for her.

Sunday was church (she hasn't been to a Lutheran service in a while, and we have a very traditional service, so I think she enjoyed the chants and hymns.) Then a bit of lunch. Then a bridal shower. We finally made it to game night, and I finally felt like it was my birthday (because it was). So we played games, socialized with a completely new group of people.

Maria.
So after staying up until 3am, I made her waffles on Monday (Labor Day) and we headed to go see the Cathedral of Learning then downtown. We bought Pirates tickets from a scalper, then went to eat ribs at Heinz Field, then didn't get to see the incline (sadly, one of the things she wanted to do) before I had to be back for a meeting. She basically napped, read, and chatted with her boyfriend while I did meetings until we had a half-price dinner with a totally different group of friends.

So, that was four or more groups of friends we hung out with in the course of three days, and, while social, she is not the crazy social planner that I am, so it makes sense she was exhausted.

Tuesday was catch-up, and Wednesday was... blissfully back to normal.

(Pictures taken by Andy but are on Pat's photostream)

No comments:

Post a Comment