Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Carnival! : Feb. 21

"It's Carnival!"

Alisa and I left this morning, dressed (or more like undressed) in our Carnival costumes, playing with the Island People.

We spent the first hour trying to find our band (since we were like 3 hours late, in true Trini style). But once we found them, we danced, drank, sang, and marched the day away.

We spent about two hours waiting for our turn to be judged at the main stage in Queen's Park Savannah, a park in Port of Spain. Alisa and I had to split up into our sections (Element and Kaimana, respectively) so I spent like half an hour dancing with strangers that were all also wearing blue across a giant platform between two sets of bleachers. Then I waited and watches every single other section go by until Alisa and I easily met up again.

Then it was partying down the Avenue. We were in our skimpy costumes, sweating like crazy anyway, and having a grand time.

Similarly to yesterday, we headed home before the sun went down. A bit dissimilarly, I was dancing the whole way back (which I can't tell if Alisa appreciated or not).

We changed, chatted with our hosts, then heated up some pizza from Sunday's dinner. And again, after eight hours of dancing, I'm sore, exhausted, and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment