Friday, February 17, 2012

Nail-biter in Newark: Feb. 17

I'll admit it. I left work late. I was enjoying trying to finish my project.

Then the metro station closed the entrance to our typical meeting point. I waited for Grandpa in the wrong spot.

We scarfed down dinner. Grandma asked which airport (thankfully), or we might have ended up at Dulles instead.

There was traffic, to add to the fact we were 30 minutes behind. Grandma was in the front reassuring us (and herself) the whole ride.

When we got to our connection in Newark, we weren't given seats. They were actually asking for volunteers to take a later flight. We were scared we were going to get bumped.

Then, the sun broke through. We got seats. We got McDonald's. (I got a shamrock shake.) We got exit row seats! Trinidad in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment